Results of the experiment contain a set of routes with the lowest expenses. The set includes only the routes that let a vehicle visit every customer serviced by a corresponding site by each specified vehicle type.
As for instance, if you have two DCs and two vehicle types, the experiment will perform 4 iterations one for each combination of a site and the specified vehicle type covering every customer defined in the Sourcing and Paths tables. As a result, 4 possible routes will be found that offer:
- Properly configured delivery network
- Optimized delivery costs (per route generated)
Transportation optimization experiment considers actual roads. The GIS map, however, depicts the results with straight lines by default. Disable the Show Straight toggle button in the Optimization results page to depict actual routes.
The saved results can be exported to:
The results are available in the dashboard below the experiment's view in the form of statistics, distributed through the pages on the left (each tab refers to a certain type of statistics). If required, you can rename, remove a page, or export the content of the page's statistics to MS Excel file.
By default the Optimization results page is opened, however, the detailed statistics (from the Custom table group) are available in the pages below:
Optimization results — this page is opened by default.
It shows the result of the experiment with all the possible combinations that meet the predefined requirements in the experiment parameters:
- Source — the site the product is shipped from.
- Vehicle type — the type of the vehicle delivering the products.
- Destinations — the customers expecting the products.
- Solution Type — the type of solution offered:
- Optimal — the optimal solution in terms of costs and the data provided to the experiment.
- Terminated by User — experiment was not finished, User stopped experiment execution.
- Time limited — experiment stopped because it ran out of time, allotted to it by the Optimization time limit per site, sec. parameter.
- Show Straight — defines the graphical representation of the path on the map. Disable the toggle-button to depict the path as an actual route.
- Generated Paths — Shows detailed statistics on the routes that were generated by the experiment.
- Generated Path Segments — Shows detailed statistics on the segments of the generated routes that were created by the experiment.
- Skipped Customers — Shows details on the customers that were not included in the generated route(s).
To see experiment results
- Run the experiment.
- Once the experiment is completed, a new Result item will be created in the
TO experiment branch.
- Navigate to the Optimization results tab below the experiment view to analyze the results.
- Click a record to have it displayed on the map (visualization of TO results
By default the connections are depicted with straight lines. Disable the Show Straight toggle button in the Optimization results page to depict actual routes.
- Click the Disable the toggle button in the Straight column to see the actual routes instead of the straight lines.
How can we improve this article?