We consider a supply chain with factories producing home and garden products in Xiamen and Shenzhen (China), which are provided with the required components by the supplier located in Shantou (China).
Five products are produced within the supply chain:
- Large home appliances
- Gardening equipment
- Small appliances
The products are purchased by customers in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, South America, and the European and Asian parts of Russia:
- China: Huai’an, Nanchang and Guilin
- India: Hyderabad, Chandrapur and Malegaon
- Europe: Milan, London, Brussels and Munich
- North America: New York, Phoenix, Denver, Indianapolis and Dallas
- South America: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Asuncion and Manaus
- Russia: Moscow and Yekaterinburg
Product shipping to a customer can be done directly from the factory, ports, distribution centers, or from ports through DCs.
- North America: Port Houston
- South America: Port Guayaquil
- Africa: Port Durban
- Australia: Port Sydney
- Asia: products can be delivered to customers from factories directly or from a DC (Huai’an, Nanchang, Guilin (China), Hyderabad, Chandrapur, Malegaon (India)). We can use only one DC in China and one in India.
- Australia: products can be delivered only from Port Sydney.
- Europe: products can be delivered only from one of the following DCs: Milan, London, Brussels or Munich.
- North America: products can be delivered to customers directly from Port Houston or through a DC (New York, Phoenix, Denver, Indianapolis or Dallas).
- South America: products can be delivered to customers directly from Port Guayaquil or through a DC (Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Asuncion, or Manaus).
- European and Asian parts of Russia: products can be delivered only from one of the following DCs: Moscow or Yekaterinburg.
Determine the best shipping method for each customer considering the constraints.
The result of the experiment offers to open the following DCs:
- DC Nanchang in China
- DC Chandrapur in India
- DC Dallas in North America
- DC Sao Paulo and DC Buenos Aires in South America
- DC Brussels in Europe
- DC Moscow in the European part of Russia
The Optimization Results page is opened by default.
It shows the result of the experiment with all the possible combinations filtered per Profit (NetOpt) statistics column.
The top record of the table is the best one.
The data on other details is shown in the corresponding tables:
How can we improve this article?