By expanding a table record you create a number of separate table records with reorganized data from the original record. This allows you to work with each item separately (e.g. while setting a different processing cost for a certain product at each DC) and save time on manually creating the required records, and removing the redundant ones.
Not all tables have this functionality.
To expand a table record
- Navigate to a table allowing you to extend a record it contains (e.g. Processing Cost).
The table contains two records:
- The first record defines the cost of processing several product types at Sacramento DC.
- The second record defines the cost of processing several product types at several DCs.
- Select the first table record and click Expand... .
The Expand dialog box will open, offering us to expand the item from the Product column cell, which contains a group of products.
- Click OK. anyLogistix will substitute the current record with two new records, one for each product group item.
- Now select the second table record and click expand.
The Expand dialog box will now offer us to expand the items from the Source and the Product column cells, which contain the Products and the DCs groups respectively.
- Click OK. anyLogistix will substitute the current record with four new records,
one for each pair of a product and a DC contained in these groups.
- You may select a number of table records and click Expand.... In this case the dialog box will show all the available options to expand. Check the required items and click OK.
How can we improve this article?