You should create at least one scenario to run the Variation experiment.
Prior to running the experiment you must specify the scenario to work with, define the variations and select statistics to collect the data for.
When you launch the experiment, it passes through a series of iterations, one for each variation. When the experiment is finished, you can compare the values of the statistics collected for each variation to view how the differences in the initial conditions affect the model behavior.
To run the Variation experiment
- Click the SIM tab located in the top left area of anyLogistix workspace, and select the scenario to work with.
- Navigate to the experiments section and select Variation experiment.
The GIS map will be substituted with the experiment parameters.
- Set the experiment duration by specifying Experiment start and Experiment end.
- If needed, enable the Use replications toggle button.
Specify the required number of replications in the Replications per iteration field.
- Define the Variable parameters of the scenario parameters.
To add a variable parameter, click the Add button in the Variable parameters area and provide the required values in the fields of the opened dialog box:
- Object type — sets the table to work with
- Object — sets the element from the table defined in the Object type drop-down list
- Parameter — parameter of the element set in the Object drop-down list
- Variation — sets the parameter variation method: Number Range, Link List, Multilink List, Sourcing Split.
- Variation parameters — the parameters for the experiment to vary.
Variation is set for a single parameter. If you need to vary several parameters during the experiment, you must create a separate variation for each parameter.
- To edit an existing variation, click the Edit button in the Experiment variations section and provide the new values.
- To remove a variation, click the Remove button in the Experiment variations section.
- Configure statistics that will be collected during the experiment execution:
- Click the Configure statistics button. The dialog box will open.
- Choose the statistics to be collected during the experiment by clicking the toggle buttons next to them. If required, the data of each column can be sorted or filtered just like in any other anyLogistix table
- Click OK to close the dialog box and save the changes.
- Click Run to start the experiment execution.
If you are currently running one or more experiment(s) of any type, a warning message will pop-up, notifying you about the number of currently running experiments.
- Observe the collected data in the form of a table in the Variation results tab.
How can we improve this article?