The advantage of anyLogistix is the possibility to extend any object using AnyLogic. This allows you to model site operations inside four walls.
This example illustrates how you can capture production process in a high level of detail with the aid of AnyLogic Fluid library.
We consider a supply chain in Switzerland comprising:
- Yogurt Factory in Sarnen which is supplied with milk and fruits
- Fruits and Milk suppliers
- Two DCs located in Zurich and Lausanne respectively
- Customers located in the 50 largest cities of Switzerland
- Once a week yogurt bottles are delivered to customers in Switzerland
- We assume that in average people consume 50 yogurt bottles per year
- The supply chain covers 10% of the total demand of the cities
The yogurt production comprises the following stages:
- Solid content normalization: milk mix preparation (97% milk and 3% milk powder) and graduation (10% volume).
- Deaerating milk.
- Viscolization - blending of two mutually non-soluble liquids, making them the same throughout.
- Pasteurization - heat treatment.
- Ripening - milk clotting in milk and products of its processing under the influence of starter microorganisms’ formation.
- Adding Fruit filler. If there is not enough fruits on factory the process will switch to product utilization.
- Heat treatment.
- Hot product packaging and further cooling.
Analyze production process efficiency:
- Estimate the volume of utilized milk mixture
- Define how often the production was delayed
- Estimate the service level
The received data allows us to estimate the amount of used milk by:
- Calculating the proportion of milk mixture in one yogurt
- Calculating the number of produced yogurts
- Multiplying the values obtained
The result shows that the inventory policies for raw materials replenishment satisfy production needs. However, for continuous production we must consider the time it takes to deliver the raw materials to the factory, that is why the produced volume does not match the production request.
But since the customer demand was lower than the production request, the service level was 100%.
Yogurt production process
How can we improve this article?