We consider a supply chain delivering diesel oil and vitroil from Kuwait to Saudi Arabia with:
- Distribution center located in Kuwait
- Transshipment base in Ras Tanura
- Customer in Yanbu
There are two ways to deliver products:
- Directly to Yanbu
- Through the transshipment base in Ras Tanura
The goods from Al Jahra are transported by:
- Highway transport to the Yanbu base throughout the entire year (except for the two periods of path inaccessibility).
- River barges to the Ras Tanura base during navigation period (June-September).
- Highway transport (December-March only) from Ras Tanura to the Yanbu base.
- Procurement strategy optimization of different types of TMTs in case of the current warehouse and transport infrastructure.
- Estimation of the number of the oil and acid tank trucks, and barges required for transportation of diesel and acid on all routes.
The result offers a procurement plan with a detailed report on the fleet size and its utilization considering the given restrictions.
How can we improve this article?