- How it works
- Team License Server — Administrator’s guide
- Purchasing anyLogistix team license
- Leasing and dropping the floating license
Since version 2.11 anyLogistix supports a new type of license – anyLogistix Team license.
Team licenses are controlled by Team License Server — an application with a web interface — installed on a corporate server. Team License Server tracks the number of anyLogistix copies running concurrently, allowing you for managing the distribution of licenses among users.
To activate anyLogistix, you command it to establish a connection to the server and request a key. If there is an available license, the Team License Server issues the key. After that, all capabilities of anyLogistix Studio are available to you regardless of the network connection.
This is convenient when you plan to use anyLogistix intensively during a certain period of time and/or you plan to travel and work on a plane, at a client site, or in a hotel.
To free the license and make it available for other users, you command anyLogistix to connect to the server again and give up the license.
Team License server manages all floating anyLogistix licenses that belong to a single company. This does not mean that the company employees are limited to using floating licenses since they can still use their own copies of anyLogistix, activated via standard software key — they won't be counted by the serve.
Team License Server supports Windows only. It can be installed on a server or a dedicated PC in the same local network as all machines hosting anyLogistix installations.
- OS: Windows 7 / Vista / Server 2003 / Server 2008 / Server 2012 / Server 2016
- RAM: 2 Gb (4 Gb recommended)
- CPU: Intel Core i3 or equals (Core i5 recommended)
- Disk space: 120 Mb
Having purchased the bundle of floating anyLogistix licenses, you will get access to the anyLogistix License Server installation file.
Run the installation file. This requires administrator permissions. In case you do not have them, right-click the file and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Follow the instructions of the Installation Wizard. You will be asked to specify the HTTPS port number that will be used by the server connection. If the wizard says that the specified port is not available, specify a different port number.
- When installation completes, the browser window will open at https://localhost:8080 in a browser on the server machine, or http://< server-name >:8080 in a browser on another computer.
- Log in using the default credentials:
- Click the Request key link and fill in the subsequent form. When ready, click Send.
If the key request is successful, you will receive a software key to activate the Team License Server by e-mail. Enter this key and click Unlock.
If your request has failed, please copy the generated key and send it to our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please make sure that you provide the key in text form, not just a screenshot.
Team License Server is installed as a Windows service under a system account. The installation consists of Apache Tomcat (a servlet container and webserver) and a server application itself.
The console becomes available after the activation of Team License Server. Use it to review the usage information and configure the server’s settings.
To open the console, go to http://<server name>:<web interface port>.
The console offers the following information:
- The server status
- License information (the name of the company, support end date, and so on)
- License usage (list of current license users along with expiration dates for their leased licenses)
By default, the license lease period can range anywhere from 1 day to 6 months. anyLogistix automatically tries to prolong the license upon its expiration:
- If the user is in the network and there is an established connection to the Team License Server, anyLogistix receives a new license key with a prolonged expiration date.
- If the user has no connection to the server, anyLogistix stops working until the connection is restored.
To change the lease period
- Open the console in the browser and log in.
- In the License lease period (days) field, specify the new lease period and click Change.
To initiate the process of purchasing the team license, contact our support team at email@example.com.
Having purchased the team license, you will receive the download link for the Team License Server installation file by email.
At some point you may require additional licenses. To initiate the process of purchasing additional licenses, contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Having purchased the Team License, you automatically get one year of Maintenance and Support Service for free. When this Support Service license gets expired, you may purchase its prolongation regularly. Please contact our support team at email@example.com to initiate the process.
After purchasing the renewal, you will receive the software update file by email.
First, you need to update information on the Team License Server and then update licenses used by target computers.
To renew the maintenance and support service license
- Open the console in the web browser.
- Click Request Key.
- Fill in the suggested form. Make sure to specify an appropriate Order ID.
- Click Send.
- If the information you’ve supplied is correct, you will receive an unlock key by email. Click Enter key, paste the key, then click Unlock.
To renew the maintenance and support service license on the target computer
- Drop the leased license.
- Lease the license from the AnyLogic Team License Server again. The new license will have renewed Maintenance and Support Service License.
As the minimal rental period could be set by the team license administrator to 1 day, the dropped license will be available for re-use in 24 hours from the moment when it’s been leased by the user. The license will be indicated as “Dropped” until 24 hours period is over.
To activate anyLogistix on the target workstation, an employee needs to lease a license from the Team License Server
- Run anyLogistix. If your product is not licensed yet, anyLogistix Activation Wizard will open automatically. Otherwise, open anyLogistix Activation Wizard by choosing Help > Activation Wizard from the anyLogistix menu.
- In the anyLogistix Activation Wizard select Lease a license from a License Server option and click Next.
Specify the server connection settings:
- AnyLogic License Server — the name of the license server
- Port — the number of the port that is used to connect to the server
anyLogistix will request a key from the Team License Server.
If the connection to the server has been established successfully and there are available licenses, the server will generate the activation key and sends it to anyLogistix on the target machine. anyLogistix will store this key in the user folder. No further connection to the server is required to keep working with anyLogistix.
- The license is now leased. You will see the corresponding message on the last page of the anyLogistix activation wizard.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
If all licenses are leased at the moment, you should contact the administrator to find the person who can drop their license. When a license becomes available, you should follow the scenario above to lease it yourself.
- Run anyLogistix.
- To open the anyLogistix Activation Wizard dialog, select Help > Activate anylogistix from the anyLogistix menu.
- In the dialog, select the Drop leased server license option.
- Click Next.
- If the connection to the server has been established successfully, the license will return to the server and you will see the corresponding message on the last page of the anyLogistix activation wizard.
- Click Finish to close the wizard.
How can we improve this article?